As a copy editor, it`s important to choose descriptive words that accurately convey the meaning of a sentence. This is especially important when it comes to describing agreement between people or parties. Here are some descriptive words to use when describing agreement:
1. Unanimous – This word describes an agreement where everyone involved is in complete agreement. It`s usually used in the context of voting or decision-making.
Example: The board of directors reached a unanimous decision to approve the new budget.
2. Consensus – This word describes an agreement that`s reached by a group after a discussion or debate. It implies that everyone has had a say and that the final decision was made with everyone`s input in mind.
Example: After much discussion, the team reached a consensus on the best way to proceed with the project.
3. Unanimity – Similar to “unanimous,” this word describes a state of complete agreement among a group.
Example: The team`s unanimity on the issue was surprising, considering how divided they had been before.
4. Accord – This word describes a formal agreement or understanding between two parties. It`s often used in legal or diplomatic contexts.
Example: The two countries reached an accord to improve trade relations.
5. Harmony – This word describes an agreement that`s peaceful and in keeping with the overall feeling or mood of a situation.
Example: The group sang in perfect harmony, reflecting the joyful mood of the occasion.
6. Agreement – Of course, there`s always the straightforward “agreement” itself. This word is used to describe any situation where two or more parties are in agreement.
Example: The contract was signed after both parties reached an agreement on the terms.
Choosing the right descriptive words to describe agreement can make a big difference in the impact of your writing. Whether you`re writing a news article, an academic paper, or a business report, these words can help you convey your message clearly and effectively.